Our practice has been a fixture in the community for over seven decades.
It was established in 1944 by Dr. Myron Melamed, joined by Dr. Mort Levy in 1967 and Dr. Harvey Levine in 1971. Dr. Will Shakun came on board in 1979, Dr. David Salomons in 1992, Dr. David Bray in 2000, and Dr. Adam Underwood in 2017.
Dr. Melamed retired in 1983 and Dr. Levy in 1997. Dr. Levine officially retired in 2005. He now continues to use his knowledge and expertise as an instructor at Nova Southeastern University, College of Dental Medicine.
Our building has an interesting history going back to the turn of the 19th century. Originally a barn, it was converted to a Coca-Cola plant in the 1920’s.
We lost track of its usage for the next stretch of years until Dr. Melamed took it over for his office in the mid 1950’s. An addition was added in the early 1970’s and our office now houses three doctors, five hygienists and support staff members.